Invented around 1927 by sweet-toothed, cookie wielding Girl Scouts, s’mores are an American tradition. All those resourceful young campers needed were fire, sticks, marshmallows, graham crackers and a Hershey Bar. They didn’t even need plates for these fun sandwiches.
If you feel like you have mastered your Top Chef skills with a culinary torch – here is a modern and less sticky take on this classic summer dessert. (Keep the fire extinguisher handy):
- Mash up some graham crackers into dust.
- Put your favorite marshmallow (Wondermade’s are cool) on a non flammable skewer
- Dip ½ of the marshmallow in melted Manjari 64% Valrhona or your favorite chocolate.
- Roll in graham cracker dust and place on a cookie sheet with the chocolate side down.
- Carefully brown top and sides with the torch all around the outside of the dipped marshmallow being careful not to burn them (or anything else!)
- Let cool and serve
No torch? No problem. Go the old school route with a twist using your grill and a trendy marshmallow roaster.
Explore the restaurants By The Blue Sea at Pico and Ocean Way HERE.